Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gardening Bug

I too have got the gardening bug!
Helpful Tip:
to get your starts ready
Thanks to Melissa, the fridge trick worked!

So...i put seeds in a baggy with a paper towel and whetted it, Then set it on the fridge.
2-3 days later they were sprouting, now 1 week later.....
Yikes!
some baggies are 2 inches high.
and of course i put way too many seeds in the bags thinking"this probably won't work"
W0W i was wrong!
hope this Tip helps you this spring time
Happy Planting!

4 comments:

The Shavers said...

Where have you been!!! You need to blog more, since I don't get to see you guys every day now!

Melissa said...

Ha ha - Don't you remember me making the same mistake? I put WAY too many seeds in my bags, too. Now I'm desperately trying to give them to friends. No one seems as excited about it as me though... at least in my neck of the woods.

I took think you need to blog more - I love hearing what you're up too.

Paul and Susan said...

I need to get started with my garden. Hopefully the "gardening bug" will bite me too.

Melissa said...

Andrea, I hope you are feeling better. Give us a chicken update when you do. I took Soren to see the little baby chicks at the store last week. It definitely wasn't as fun as visiting you.